Updated by Mona
Give us your Activation Date ✈️
You will be prompted at checkout to select an Activation Date for your SIM.
Your Activation Date is the date that you will need your SIM to be connected for use.
Once activated, connection to the network can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours.
If you are unsure, you can choose an estimated date and reach out to us to change it 🗓
My phone is asking for a PIN
We don't have a record of this so it's important that you have this number!
Find the PIN on your SIM and enter it into your phone! It's that simple - as long as you have the PIN with you 😊
How does activation work?
- We will activate your SIM card on the date that you provide on the activation register portal- you will be able to do this once you receive your SIM, just follow the prompts on our packaging!
- Land in your destination country
- Turn on Data Roaming in your settings
- Restart your device
- You'll receive a text letting you know your credit has been applied.
- After your SIM is connected, you'll receive another text letting you know that your SIM is activated and your 28 days will begin.
Easy peasy! 🙌
It's important to note; we activate your SIM card at 2pm AEST (4am GMT) on the day that you set as your activation date. Once we activate the SIM, the network will continually check to connect your SIM to the network. This connection can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. If your SIM has not connected in a few hours, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. We will be able to check whether your SIM is active.
My data isn't working
- Check that you have Data Roaming & Mobile Data turned on in your Settings.
- Make sure that you have changed your APN settings to match the following:
For iOS devices
User name: telefonica
For Android devices
Name: Movistar ES
User name: telefonica
Authentication type: PAP
- Restart your phone
- If it's still not working, try the SIM on another phone to see if it'll work there.
I'm having issues making phone calls or text messages
This SIM comes with calls but no texts.
When you are in Europe including the UK, you will have unlimited minutes for local calls to standard landlines and mobiles within all the countries listed. So if you are in Spain you can call Spanish phone numbers. If you are in Italy you can call Italian phone numbers, and so on...
You can still receive phone calls or text messages through your Spanish phone number though.
I've just put my SIM in my phone and it says "No Service"
If you've inserted the SIM into your phone and you didn't get a 'Welcome' text message or it says 'No Service', it's possible that it hasn't been activated yet. Our system automatically activates these SIMs at 2pm Sydney time on the nominated date - simply message us to let us know that you need an earlier activation and we can help you out :)
You can also try to manually select a network through your settings.
Settings > Mobile > Network Selection > Disable Automatic > Wait for networks to pop up and select one
Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Search networks manually > Wait for networks to pop up and select one
If it doesn't connect, you might need to click on one a couple of times and then restart your phone.
Note: Settings may differ depending on your device - If these instructions don't match, explore your devices settings until your find "Network Selection" or something along those lines.
Which one do I choose?
Try any of them, and if it doesn't work, try another one!
It's still not working...
Try the SIM in another phone if you can, and see if it'll activate.
My SIM was working great but suddenly it says "No Service"
Sometimes the SIM can stop working. When this happens:
- Turn on Airplane Mode for 1 minute
- Turn off Airplane Mode - this should reboot the connection!
My device says "No SIM"
- Take the SIM out and put it back into your device and restart
- Try the SIM in another device
- If it's saying No SIM in 2 different devices, then contact us!
I've tried everything and it's still not working
These guides are based on our most frequently asked questions. If you can't find what you're looking for, feel free to reach out to us and we'll try our best to provide assistance. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com 📩
Before contacting us, please have the following information ready:
- Which SIM have you bought?
- Where are you located?
- When did you activate and what happened when you activated it?
- What troubleshooting steps have you tried?
- Please send through a screenshot of your Mobile Network settings and your APN settings with the WiFi turned off and your mobile data turned on so we can see what's going on.
- Any other details that might help us, help you!
How do I find my number?
Your phone number will be automatically sent to you once you insert your SIM in your phone and turn it on when you're in Europe. This will be a Spanish phone number.
If someone would like to call you, they will need the Spanish country code +34 followed by your number.
How do I check my balance?
To check your data balance, you will need to create an online account at www.movistar.es
- Tap on "Soy cliente"
- Tap on "Identificate"
- Tap "Acceder Con Tu Movil"
- Enter your phone number in the field
- Tap "Continuar"
- A 4 digit PIN will be sent to you via SMS.
- Enter the 4 digit PIN and tap on "Finalizar"
- Tap "Mis consumos" to check data balance
I keep getting messages telling me to top-up
If your data is working, just ignore the messages telling you to top up.
Also, make sure you check your balance by creating an online account through www.movistar.es
I'm overseas and I've run out of data, how do I top-up?
Unfortunately, this SIM cannot be recharged or topped up.
If you are already overseas and you need to access more data, we recommend you grab a SIM locally. 😊
What's included and things to know
Where does this SIM work?
Republic of Ireland
The telecommunications industry is exceptionally technical, and although we try our hardest to provide each and every single one of our customers with reliable SIM cards, there are certain manufacturing and network errors that are simply out of our control. However, this is why we have implemented our money-back guarantee, to protect our customers against faulty SIMs and poor experiences.
It is extremely important to us that our customers are looked after, and we are here to support you as much as possible. We wouldn't be able to do this without you!
In order to claim your Money-Back Guarantee, you'll need to contact us and we'll try to troubleshoot the issue with you. If we can't get it sorted, we'd be more than happy to give you a refund. You can contact us a firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com 📩