Updated by Mona
First things first... Activation
- Land in one of the listed countries 🛬
- Insert SIM card into your device
- Turn on Data Roaming in your settings
- Restart your device
- You'll automatically be connected within 5 minutes and your 365 days will begin.
Easy peasy! 🙌
My data isn't working
If you've just activated your SIM and you've got a signal, you might need to check a couple of things to get your data working.
- Check that you have Data Roaming & Mobile Data turned on in your Settings.
- Make sure that you have changed your APN settings to match the following:
User name: [leave this field blank]
Password: [leave this field blank]
MMS proxy: mms.three.co.uk
MMS port: 8799
APN type: internet + mms
- Restart your phone
My device says "No Service"
If you've inserted the SIM into your phone and you didn't get a 'Welcome' text message or it says 'No Service', you will have to manually select a network through your settings.
Settings > Mobile > Network Selection > Disable Automatic > Wait for networks to pop up and select one
Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Search networks manually > Wait for networks to pop up and select one
If it doesn't connect, you might need to click on one a couple of times and then restart your phone.
Note: May differ depending on your device - If these instructions don't match, explore your settings until your find Network Selection or Network Operators
Which one do I choose?
Try any of them, and if it doesn't work, try another one!
It's still not working...
Try the SIM in another phone if you can, and see if it'll activate.
My device says "No SIM"
- Take the SIM out and put it back into your phone and restart
- Try the SIM in another phone
- If it's saying No SIM in 2 different phones, then contact us!
I've tried everything and it's still not working
These guides are based on our most frequently asked questions. If you can't find what you're looking for, feel free to reach out to us and we'll try our best to provide assistance. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com 📩
Before contacting us, please have the following information ready:
- Which SIM have you bought?
- Where are you located?
- When did you activate and what happened when you activated it?
- What troubleshooting steps have you tried?
- Please send through a screenshot of your Mobile Network settings and your APN settings with the WiFi turned off and your mobile data turned on so we can see what's going on.
- Any other details that might help us, help you!
How do I find my mobile number?
This SIM can receive calls! 📞Your phone number can be found on the back of the SIM when you receive it. It's indicated as "Your Three Number".
This is a UK mobile number, so to call it you need to dial the country code (+44) before the number.
For example: Your Three number - 071234567891 (yes, it's 11 digits)
Dial +44 7123456789 (dropping the 0)
Note: Your number will stay the same no matter which country you're in.
- Calling from a landline in Australia, dial 0011 44 71234567891
- To get the + on a mobile phone, press and hold 0 until it turns into a +
How do I check my balance?
You will need to register and create an account with ThreeUK after you have activated SIM card.
- Go to https://www.three.co.uk/My3Account2018/My3Register
- Enter your Three Number (found on the back of the SIM) and submit
- You will receive the password to your My 3 account via text message
- Go to https://www.three.co.uk/My3Account2018/My3Login
- Enter your ThreeUK number and your new password, then Login
- You'll need to reset your new password & validate your email address
- On your My3 account look for ‘Check Balance' under Account Balance
How do I recharge?
As described on the website, the SIM is non-rechargeable. The only way around this is to buy multiple SIM cards and swap them out as you go.
What's Included & Things to know
How do I know if my device is unlocked?
If you bought your device outright, it's most likely unlocked!
If you're unsure, the best way to find out is to call your Aussie network provider and ask! They'll be able to unlock it for you too. This might incur a fee! 🤔
I'm planning to use a WiFi device
This SIM only works in WiFi devices when in Europe & UK! You will need to know how to change your Access Point Names settings!
Where does this SIM work?
UK & Europe
Hong Kong (4G)
Northern Ireland (4G)
Isle of Man (3G)
Costa Rica (3G)
El Salvador (3G)
Aland Islands (3G)
French West Indies (3G)
New Zealand (3G)
French Guiana (3G)
Balearic Islands (3G)
Saint Barthelemy (3G)
Saint Martin (3G)
Canary Islands (3G)
Sri Lanka (3G)
United States (4G)
Puerto Rico (3G)
US Virgin Islands (3G)
Czech Republic (3G)
San Marino (3G)
Vatican City (3G)
Can I activate in Australia/Singapore/Hong Kong before I go?
Yep, you sure can! The SIM can be activated in any country listed.
Only catch is that your 365 days will start ticking when you do!
The telecommunications industry is exceptionally technical, and although we try our hardest to provide each and every single one of our customers with reliable SIM cards, there are certain manufacturing and network errors that are simply out of our control. However, this is why we have implemented our money-back guarantee, to protect our customers against faulty SIMs and poor experiences.
It is extremely important to us that our customers are looked after, and we are here to support you as much as possible. We wouldn't be able to do this without you!
In order to claim your Money-Back Guarantee, you'll need to contact us and we'll try to troubleshoot the issue with you. If we can't get it sorted, we'd be more than happy to give you a refund. You can contact us a firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com 📩