Updated by Supriti
Our eSIMs will only work in eSIM compatible devices that are unlocked!
What is an unlocked device?
If your device is unlocked, it means it can connect to the network of any carrier.
For example, if you bought your phone from Telstra or Optus or AT&T, it's highly likely that your phone is locked and our SIMs will not work in your phone.
If you bought your device outright from retailers like Best Buy, JB Hi-Fi or Harvey Norman, it's most likely unlocked.
If you're unsure, the best way to find out is to call your network provider and ask! They'll be able to unlock it for you too. This might incur a fee!
eSIM Compatible Devices
- iPhone XR (model A2105, from 2018)
- iPhone XS (model A2097, from 2018), iPhone XS Max (model A2101, from 2018)
- iPhone 11 (model A2221, from 2019), iPhone 11 Pro (model A2215, from 2019)
- iPhone SE (model 2020)
- iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Mini, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro Max
On iPhone 13 and 14 models you can have two eSIMs activated at the same time.
iPhones from mainland China and iPhone devices from Hong Kong and Macao (except for iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone SE 2020, and iPhone XS) don’t have eSIM capability
All iPads with 4G connectivity that have come out since 2018 support eSIM:
- iPad Pro 11″ (model A2068, from 2020)
- iPad Pro 12.9″ (model A2069, from 2020)
- iPad Air (model A2123, from 2019)
- iPad (model A2198, from 2019)
- iPad Mini (model A2124, from 2019)
- Samsung Z Flip and Fold
- Samsung Galaxy S20, Samsung Galaxy S20+, Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy S21, Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G, Samsung Galaxy S21+ Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S22
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20, Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Fold, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip, Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G, Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4, Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5
- Samsung Watch (via Samsung Wearable application)
The Samsung Galaxy S20 and S21 FE are not eSIM compatible
The Chinese Samsung S22 Ultra is not eSIM compatible
- Google Pixel 2 (only phones bought with Google Fi service), Google Pixel 2 XL
- Google Pixel 3 (not including phones bought in Australia, Taiwan or Japan. Phones bought with US or Canadian carriers other than Spring and Google Fi don’t work with eSIM), Google Pixel 3 XL
- Google Pixel 3a (not including phones bought in Japan or with Verizon service), Google Pixel 3a XL
- Google Pixel 4, Google Pixel 4a, Google Pixel 4 XL
- Google Pixel 5, Google Pixel 5a
- Google Pixel 6, Google Pixel 6a, Google Pixel 6 Pro
- Google Pixel, Google Pixel 7 Pro
Google Pixel 3 devices from Australia, Japan, and Taiwan are not compatible with eSIM.
Google Pixel 3a from South East Asia are not compatible with eSIM.
- Huawei P40
- Huawei P40 Pro
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro
Please note that the Huawei P40+ and P50 Pro is not compatible with eSIM.
Other eSIM compatible devices:
- Oppo Find X3 Pro
- Oppo Reno 5A
- Oppo Reno6 Pro 5G
- Oppo Find X5
- Oppo Find X5 Pro
- Oppo A55s 5G
- Motorola Razr 2019
- Motorola Razr 5G
- Nuu Mobile X5
- Gemini PDA
- Rakuten Mini
- Rakuten Big-S
- Rakuten Big
- Rakuten Hand
- Rakuten Hand 5G
- Sony Xperia 10 III Lite
- Sony Xperia 10 IV
- Xperia 1 IV
- Surface Pro X
- Honor Magic 4 Pro
- Fairphone 4
- Sharp Aquos Sense6s
- Sharp Aquos Wish
- Xiaomi 12T Pro
Still not sure? You can always contact our team to ask if your device is compatible with eSIM.