Updated by Supriti
SIM cards are technical products, as is your phone - sometimes things don't work out the way they're supposed to! 🤷🏽♀️
But no need to stress! Here are common issues that can pop up and how you can quickly resolve them:
First thing's first...
- Make sure that you're in one of the 44 countries that the SIM works in! 🌎
- Make sure you have Data Roaming turned on and you've restarted your phone.
1. My data isn't working...
- Check that you have Data Roaming & Mobile Data turned on in your Settings.
- Make sure that you have changed your APN settings to match the following:
For iOS devices
Name: o2 internet
User name: vertigo
For Android devices
Name: o2 internet
Proxy: [leave this section blank]
Port: [leave this section blank]
User name: o2
Authentication type: PAP
APN Protocal: IPV4
APN Roaming Protocal: IPV4
- Restart your phone
- If it's still not working, try the SIM on another phone to see if it'll work there.
2. I'm having issues making phone calls or text messages...
This SIM does not come with calls or texts as it's data-only! You can still receive phone calls or text messages though.
3. "No Service"
I've just put my SIM in my phone and it says No Service....
If you've inserted the SIM into your phone and you didn't get a 'Welcome' text message or it says 'No Service', it's possible that it hasn't been activated yet. Our system automatically activates these SIMs at 5pm Sydney time on the nominated date - simply message us to let us know that you need an earlier activation and we can help you out :)
You can also try to manually select a network through your settings.
Settings > Mobile > Network Selection > Disable Automatic > Wait for networks to pop up and select one
Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Search networks manually > Wait for networks to pop up and select one
If it doesn't connect, you might need to click on one a couple of times and then restart your phone.
Note: May differ depending on your device - If these instructions don't match, explore your settings until your find Network Selection or Network Operators
Which one do I choose?
Try any of them, and if it doesn't work, try another one!
It's still not working...
Try the SIM in another phone if you can, and see if it'll activate.
My SIM was working great but suddenly it says No Service...
Sometimes the SIM can stop working. When this happens:
- Turn on Airplane Mode for 1 minute
- Turn off Airplane Mode - this should reboot the connection!
4. "No SIM"
- Take the SIM out and put it back into your phone and restart
- Try the SIM in another phone
- If it's saying No SIM in 2 different phones, then contact us!
5. I keep getting messages telling me to top-up
If your data is working, just ignore the messages telling you to top up!
Also, make sure you check your balance by calling 4444 to see your expiry and data balance! 🙃
6. I'm overseas and I've run out of data, how do I top-up?
This SIM is 'non-rechargeable' because the only ways to top-up are:
- By physically going into a O2 store in the UK
- Online with a UK credit card and address
If you have access to these methods, then you can top-up!
If you don't and you need to access more data, we recommend you grab a SIM locally 😊
I've tried everything and it's still not working
Sometimes even if you do everything right, the SIM still doesn't work! SIM cards and mobile phones are technical products so it's impossible for everything to work perfectly all the time. 🤷🏽♀️
If you still need help, the best step is to contact O2 via their phone number: +44 7860 980 202
O2 Opening times
Monday - Friday
8am - 9pm
8am - 8pm
8am - 6pm
Still need help? 🙋🏽♀️
These instructions and guides are based on our most frequently asked questions. If your question isn't answered, just contact us and we'll be happy to have a chat.
Our mission is for you to have smooth sailing on your travels and not be fussing around with your SIM card!
In order to get your SIM working as quickly as possible, we're going to need you to work with us. 🤝
Please answer the following questions when contacting us:
- Which SIM have you bought?
- Where are you located?
- When did you activate and what happened when you activated?
- What troubleshooting steps have you tried?
- Please send through a screenshot of your Mobile Network settings and your APN settings with the WiFi turned off and your mobile data turned on so we can see what's going on.
- Any other details that might help us help you!
You can contact us a email@example.com 📩
Money Back Guarantee
These SIMs aren't perfect and neither are we!
There is always the possibility of manufacturing issues or network problems that can’t be resolved. 😔
This is why we have a money back guarantee available for all of our customers to protect against faulty SIMs and poor experiences.
It is extremely important to us that our customers are looked after, and we are here to support you as much as possible. We wouldn't be able to do this without you!
In order to claim your Money Back Guarantee, you'll need to contact us and we'll try to troubleshoot the issue with you. If we can't get it sorted, we'd be more than happy to give you a refund.