Updated by Mona
First things first...
- Make sure you are at your destination 🏝️
- Set up your eSIM: To set up your eSIM, just click on the phone you have and follow the steps.
Registering your eSIM
When in HongKong you will need to register please use this link: https://www.cuniq.com/global/RealNameRegistration?InSelectTabPane=three
To translate the page click on the EN that is circled in red and then follow the prompts for registration.
My data isn't working:
If you've just activated your eSIM
If you've just activated your eSIM and you've got a signal, you might need to check a couple of things to get your data working.
- Check that you have Data Roaming & Mobile Data turned on in your Settings.
- Make sure that you have changed your APN settings to match the following:
User name: [leave this field blank]
Password: [leave this field blank]
- Restart your phone
- If that is still not working check your phone settings to see if there is an LTE option and select that.
If you've been using your eSIM but suddenly your data has stopped working
- Check that you have data balance left
- Try turning your device off and on
- If your phone says it's connected to LTE or 4G but the data isn't working, try to manually turn off LTE/4G to connect to 4G/3G.
Settings > Mobile > Mobile data options > Disable LTE > Restart
Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Mode > Switch to 3G/2G > Restart
I've tried everything and it's still not working
These guides are based on our most frequently asked questions. If you can't find what you're looking for, feel free to reach out to us and we'll try our best to provide assistance. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com 📩
Before contacting us, please have the following information ready:
- Which eSIM have you bought?
- Where are you located?
- When did you activate and what happened when you activated it?
- What troubleshooting steps have you tried?
- Please send through a screenshot of your Mobile Network settings and your APN settings with the WiFi turned off and your mobile data turned on so we can see what's going on.
- Any other details that might help us, help you!
How do I find my mobile number?
This eSIM is data-only so it doesn't come with a phone number! The eSIM cannot make or receive calls and texts!
How do I check my balance?
You can find how much data you've used in your phone settings!
If you're using a wifi device, unfortunately, there's no way to check your usage.
How do I recharge?
As described on the website, the eSIM is non-rechargeable. The only way around this is to buy multiple eSIMs and swap them out as you go.
What's Included & Things to know
How do I know if my device is unlocked?
If you bought your device outright, it's most likely unlocked!
If you're unsure, the best way to find out is to call your Aussie network provider and ask! They'll be able to unlock it for you too. This might incur a fee! 🤔
Where does this eSIM work?
Hong Kong- China Unicom
The telecommunications industry is exceptionally technical, and although we try our hardest to provide each and every single one of our customers with reliable eSIMs, there are certain technical and network errors that are simply out of our control. However, this is why we have implemented our money-back guarantee, to protect our customers against faulty eSIMs and poor experiences.
It is extremely important to us that our customers are looked after, and we are here to support you as much as possible. We wouldn't be able to do this without you!
In order to claim your Money-Back Guarantee, you'll need to contact us and we'll try to troubleshoot the issue with you. If we can't get it sorted, we'd be more than happy to give you a refund. You can contact us a firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com 📩