Updated by Mona
First things first...Activation
Make sure you're in one of the countries where the SIM works! 🌎
Give us your Activation Date ✈️
You will be prompted at checkout to select the Activation Date for your SIM.
Your Activation Date is the date that you will need your SIM to be connected for use.
Once activated, connection to the network can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours.
If you are unsure, you can choose an estimated date and reach out to us to change it 🗓
- Once arrived at your destination, insert the SIM into your phone 📱
- Turn on Data Roaming in your settings ⚙️
- Restart your device to reboot a connection
- You will receive texts from ThreeUK with your new phone number. Two more texts about your top-up and that you've run out of "Cash Credit" - you can ignore this part!
- After your SIM is connected, you'll receive another text letting you know that your bundle has been activated and your 30 days will begin.
Easy peasy! 🙌
My data isn't working...
- Check that you have Data Roaming & Mobile Data turned on in your Settings.
- Make sure that you have changed your APN settings to match the following:
User name: [leave this field blank]
Password: [leave this field blank]
MMS proxy: mms.three.co.uk
MMS port: 8799
APN type: internet + mms
- Restart your phone
- If it's still not working, try the SIM on another phone to see if it'll work there.
I've just put my SIM in my phone and it says No Service...
If you've inserted the SIM into your phone and you didn't get a 'Welcome' text message or it says 'No Service', you will have to manually select a network through your settings.
Settings > Mobile > Network Selection > Disable Automatic > Wait for networks to pop up and select one
Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Search networks manually > Wait for networks to pop up and select one
If it doesn't connect, you might need to click on one a couple of times and then restart your phone.
Note: May differ depending on your device - If these instructions don't match, explore your settings until your find Network Selection or Network Operators
Which one do I choose?
Try any of them, and if it doesn't work, try another one!
It's still not working...
Try the SIM in another phone if you can, and see if it'll activate.
- Take the SIM out and put it back into your phone and restart
- Try the SIM in another phone
- If it's saying No SIM in 2 different phones, then contact us!
I've tried everything and it's still not working
Still need help? 🙋🏽♀️
These instructions and guides are based on our most frequently asked questions. If your question isn't answered, just contact us and we'll be happy to have a chat. Our mission is for you to have smooth sailing on your travels and not be fussing around with your SIM card!
In order to get your SIM working as quickly as possible, we're going to need you to work with us. 🤝
Please answer the following questions when contacting us:
- Which SIM have you bought?
- Where are you located?
- When did you activate and what happened when you activated?
- Did you receive your new number via text? If so, what is it?
- What troubleshooting steps have you tried?
- Please send through a screenshot of your Mobile Network settings and your APN settings with the WiFi turned off and your mobile data turned on so we can see what's going on.
- Any other details that might help us help you!
What's my new phone number? Can I find it before I travel?
Your number will be sent to you via text once your SIM has been activated.
Unfortunately, there's no way to know your number before your SIM is activated.
How do I check my balance?
You will need to register and create an account with ThreeUK after you have activated your SIM card.
- Go to https://www.three.co.uk/My3Account2018/My3Register
- Enter your Three Number and submit
- You will receive the password to your My 3 account via text message
- Go to https://www.three.co.uk/My3Account2018/My3Login
- Enter your ThreeUK number and your new password then Login
- You'll need to reset your new password & validate your email address.
- On your My3 account look for ‘Check Balance' under Account Balance
I keep getting messages telling me to top-up
If your data, calls & texts are working, just ignore the messages telling you to top up!
If your data, calls or texts aren't working, follow the troubleshooting steps above!
- My data isn't working
- I'm having issues with calls or texts
Also, make sure you check your balance to see your expiry and data balance!
I'm overseas and I've run out of data, how do I top-up?
Unfortunately, these SIMs cannot be topped up.
Our recommendation for other travellers is to purchase multiple SIM cards and swap them out as they go.
If you're already overseas and need to access more data, we recommend you grab a SIM locally 😊
How do I make calls/texts?
This is a data-only SIM, no calls and texts are included.
Can I receive calls from Australia or USA? What will it cost?
Yep, you can receive calls from Australia and USA to your number. It won't cost anything to receive them but the person calling may be charged by their network provider for calls to the UK.
What's included & Things to know
Where does this SIM work?
Costa Rica (4G)
El Salvador (4G)
French Guiana (4G)
Puerto Rico (4G)
French West Indies (4G)
The telecommunications industry is exceptionally technical, and although we try our hardest to provide each and every single one of our customers with reliable SIM cards, there are certain manufacturing and network errors that are simply out of our control. However, this is why we have implemented our money-back guarantee, to protect our customers against faulty SIMs and poor experiences.
It is extremely important to us that our customers are looked after, and we are here to support you as much as possible. We wouldn't be able to do this without you!
In order to claim your Money-Back Guarantee, you'll need to contact us and we'll try to troubleshoot the issue with you. If we can't get it sorted, we'd be more than happy to give you a refund. You can contact us a email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org 📩