USA SIM Card Unlimited 30 Days | T-Mobile
Updated by Mona
First things first.. SIM Activation
Your USA Travel SIM Card will automatically activate based on the Activation Date you provide before checkout. We activate SIMs at 2 pm AEST (4 am GMT) on the date that you choose at checkout. The accuracy of the date is important for your SIM to be activated smoothly.
How does activation work?
- We will activate your SIM card on the date that you provide during checkout.
- Once you arrive at your destination country, insert the SIM into your device.
- Turn on Data Roaming in your settings
- Restart your device
Easy peasy! 🙌
What do I do if my data isn't working?
If you've just activated your SIM
If you've just activated your SIM and you've got a signal, you might need to check a couple of things to get your data working.
- Check that you have Data Roaming & Mobile Data turned on in your Settings.
- Make sure that you have changed your APN settings to match the following:
APN: Fast.t-mobile.com (for LTE devices) or epc.tmobile.com (for non-LTE devices)
User name: Not set
Password: Not set
- Restart your phone
- If it's still not working, try the SIM in another phone to see if it'll work there.
If you've been using your SIM but suddenly your data has stopped working
- Check that you have data balance left by dialling #932#
- Try turning your device off and on
- Try to remove the SIM from your device and re-insert it
- Check the coverage in the area you are in
- If your phone says it's connected to LTE or 4G but the data isn't working, try to manually turn off LTE/4G to connect to 4G/3G.
Settings > Mobile > Mobile data options > Disable LTE > Restart
Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Mode > Switch to 3G/2G > Restart
I've tried everything and it's still not working
These guides are based on our most frequently asked questions. If you can't find what you're looking for, feel free to reach out to us and we'll try our best to provide assistance. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com 📩
Before contacting us, please have the following information ready:
- Which SIM have you bought?
- Where are you located?
- When did you activate and what happened when you activated it?
- What troubleshooting steps have you tried?
- Please send through a screenshot of your Mobile Network settings and your APN settings with the WiFi turned off and your mobile data turned on so we can see what's going on.
- Any other details that might help us, help you!
Contacting T-Mobile Mobile
If you're having issues with your SIM, you can get in touch with T-Mobile Customer Service. The options to contact them are:
- Dial 611 from your phone
- Dial 1-800-937-8997 from another phone
How do I find my mobile number?
You can only find out your number after you activate your SIM and your new US mobile number will be texted to you after activation in the US.
How do I check my balance?
Simply dial #932# and it will show you how much data you've used. If you receive any prompt/texts about have zero credit balance, you can ignore this!
How do I recharge?
As described on the website, the SIM is non-rechargeable. The only way around this is to buy multiple SIM cards and swap them out as you go.
What's the coverage like?
You can find the coverage map here.
How do I make calls/texts?
- Unlimited Calls within USA to USA Mobiles and Landline
- Unlimited SMS to USA Mobiles
Simply dial the local USA number from your device. You may need to use a state code for landline numbers when calling interstate.
The unlimited local SMS/texts that come with the sim can be used to text US mobiles. The same process still applies for texting in terms of using the country codes as noted above.
The International Talk and Text Feature:
- Unlimited calls to Standard Landlines to Australia, New Zealand and other landlines in select countries (Premium numbers not included)
- Unlimited texting back to Australia, NZ and 200 other countries.
You can search for the countries and rates via the link HERE. If you just add credit without adding the international talk add-on, then you will be charged at the pay-as-you-go rates which can be expensive.
To add credit for International Mobile calls you can use the following link HERE.
What's Included & Things to know
Add-On Feature Option:
If you have selected optional add-on features:
International Talk and Text Feature:
Canada and Mexico Feature:
Will my phone be compatible?
The best type of phone to use is an unlocked GSM phone that supports one or more of the following frequencies:
- 1700/2100 MHz (3G / 4G or LTE depending on location)
- 1900 MHz (2G or 3G / 4G depending on location)
- 850 MHz (2G)
Click here and follow the prompts to see if your phone is compatible. 📱
How do I know if my device is unlocked?
If you bought your device outright, it's most likely unlocked!
If you're unsure, the best way to find out is to call your Aussie network provider and ask! They'll be able to unlock it for you too. This might incur a fee! 🤔
The telecommunications industry is exceptionally technical, and although we try our hardest to provide each and every single one of our customers with reliable SIM cards, there are certain manufacturing and network errors that are simply out of our control. However, this is why we have implemented our money-back guarantee, to protect our customers against faulty SIMs and poor experiences.
It is extremely important to us that our customers are looked after, and we are here to support you as much as possible. We wouldn't be able to do this without you!
In order to claim your Money-Back Guarantee, you'll need to contact us and we'll try to troubleshoot the issue with you. If we can't get it sorted, we'd be more than happy to give you a refund. You can contact us a firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com 📩