Updated by Mona
✈️ About Your SIM :
Give us your Activation Date ✈️
You will be prompted at checkout to select the Activation Date for your SIM.
Your Activation Date is the date that you will need your SIM to be connected for use.
We recommend choosing the date that you land - keeping in mind that we activate on the date you selected at 2 pm AEST (4 am GMT). Your SIM will not work unless you have given us your activation date.
Once activated, connection to the network can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours.
If you are unsure, you can choose an estimated date and reach out to us to change it 🗓
How to Activate your SIM once you land 📲
- Land in one of the 71 countries listed: Arrive at your destination.
- Insert your SIM: Place the SIM card into your device.
- Turn on Data Roaming: Enable Data Roaming in your device settings.
- Restart your device: Restart your phone to activate the SIM.
- You will receive texts from ThreeUK with your new phone number (shown below). Two more texts about your top-up and that you've run out of "Cash Credit" - you can ignore this part!
- After your SIM is connected, you'll receive another text letting you know that your bundle has been activated and your 30 days will begin.
Easy peasy! 🙌
My data isn't working.....
2. Make sure that you have changed your APN settings to match the following :
- Name : 3
- APN : three.co.uk
- Username : (leave this field blank)
- Password : (leave this field blank)
- MMSC : http://mms.um.three.co.uk:10021/mmsc
- MMS Proxy : mms.three.co.uk
- MMS Port : 8799
- APN Tyle : internet + mms
3. Restart Your Phone
I am having trouble making calls/sending text messages...
This SIM only comes with :
- Calls & texts to UK landlines and mobiles whilst in the UK
- Calls & texts to any of the covered European country numbers whilst in any of the covered European countries
It does not come with calls or texts whilst your outside of any of the covered EU/UK countries listed. You will be able to use it in the 'other' countries listed below in 'Coverage' however it will be data only!
If you try to make a call outside of these 👆parameters, you will receive a message advising you to top-up. You can ignore this message but you will not be able to place the call or send the text.
If you are within the above parameters, make sure you have the correct country code in front of the number that you're trying to call. You can find a list of country codes here.
We highly recommend using data applications like FaceTime, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Viber or Skype to make calls and texts to Australia or the USA
My data is still not working!
Apple : settings > mobile > network selection > disable automatic > (when networks populate select one) > restart your phone
Android : settings > connections > mobule networks > network operators > search networks manually > (when networks populate select one) > restart your phone
You can try each and all of the available networks that pop up.
If your device settings are different to the ones above, explore your settings until you find Network Selection or Network Operators. A quick Google search will also point you in the right direction!
"No Service" or no 3UK SMS received
Apple : settings > mobile > network selection > disable automatic > (wait for networks to begin to populate) > select one > restart your device
Android : settings > connections > mobile networks > networks operators > search for networks manually > (wait for networks to begin to populate > select one > restart your device
You can try and all of the available networks that populate. Just a heads up - if a selected network doesn't connect on the first try, you might need to click on it a couple of times!
2. Try the SIM in another phone
3. If you receive a message saying 'No SIM' in two different phones, reach out to us for help!
I keep getting messages asking me to top up....
If you data, call or text are NOT working, please follow the troubleshooting steps above
**Also, make sure to check your balance to ensure that your expiry date or data limit has not passed!
I've tried all of the above and it's still not working!!
- Which SIM do you have
- Where are you currently located
- When did you activate your SIM and what happened during activation
- Have you followed all of the above activation and troubleshooting steps?
- Did you receive your new number via SMS? If so, what is it?
- Please attach a screenshot of your mobile network settings, your APN settings with the WiFi turned off and your mobile data turned on, and a screen shot of your data balance.
**We will need all of the above information in order to help get you up and running as quickly as possible!
What's my new phone number and can I find it before I travel?
This is a UK mobile number, so in order to call it, the country code (+44) will need to be added.
For example : Your 3UK number will look something like this - 07123456789 (yes, it will be 11 digits!) For people to reach you on this number, they will need to drop the first zero and dial +447123456789
Please note that your number will stay the same (with the same country code prefix!) regardless of which country you are in
How do I check my balance?
1. Go to to the 3UK Account Registration page
2. Enter your new 3UK phone number and submit
3. You will receive a password to your My3 account via SMS
4. Go to the My3 Account Login page
5. Enter your 3UK phone number and your new password and login
6. You will need to reset your password and validate your email address
7. On your My3 Account, look for 'Check Balance' under 'Account Balance'
How do I make calls/texts?
When you're in the UK you can make calls and texts to within the UK (premium numbers and EU numbers excluded)
You'll need to make sure you're using the country code of the country you are trying to reach. For example : calling an Italian number from Italy or any of the other European countries listed would be : +39012345678
I've run out of data - how do I top up?
Can I call the USA or Australia with this SIM?
We highly recommend using data applications like FaceTime, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, iMessages, Viber or Skype to make calls and texts in stead. This will use the 10GB of data you have allocated to you.
Here's a neat little article about ways to call home!
Can I receive calls from Australia or the USA? What will it cost?
🌏 Coverage : Where does this SIM work?
Aland Islands (3G)
Isle of Man (4G)
Balearic Islands (4G)
Northern Ireland (4G)
Vatican City (4G)
Canary Islands (4G)
San Marino (4G)
Czech Republic (4G)
French West Indies
US Virgin Islands
The telecommunications industry is exceptionally technical, and although we try our hardest to provide each and every single one of our customers with reliable SIM cards, there are certain manufacturing and network errors that are simply out of our control. However, this is why we have implemented our money-back guarantee, to protect our customers against faulty SIMs and poor experiences.
It is extremely important to us that our customers are looked after, and we are here to support you as much as possible. We wouldn't be able to do this without you!
In order to claim your Money-Back Guarantee, you'll need to contact us and we'll try to troubleshoot the issue with you. If we can't get it sorted, we'd be more than happy to give you a refund. You can contact us a email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org 📩