Updated by Mona
First things first... Activation
Your USA Travel SIM Card will automatically activate based on the Activation Date you provide before checkout. We activate SIMs at 2 pm AEST (4 am GMT) on the date that you choose at checkout. The accuracy of the date is important for your SIM to be activated smoothly.
How does activation work?
- We will activate your SIM card on the date that you provide during checkout.
- Once you arrive at your destination country, insert the SIM into your device.
- Turn on Data Roaming in your settings
- Restart your device
Easy peasy! 🙌
My data isn't working
If you've just activated your SIM
If you've just activated your SIM and you've got a signal, you might need to check a couple of things to get your data working.
- Check that you have Data Roaming & Mobile Data turned on in your Settings.
- Make sure that you have changed your APN settings to match the following:
User name: Not set
Password: Not set
- Restart your phone
- If it's still not working, try the SIM in another phone to see if it'll work there.
If you've been using your SIM but suddenly your data has stopped working
- Check that you have data balance left by dialling *777#
- Try turning your device off and on
- Try to remove the SIM from your device and re-insert it
- Check the coverage in the area you're in, remember to click AT&T Prepaid at the top
- If your phone says it's connected to LTE or 4G but the data isn't working, try to manually turn off LTE/4G to connect to 4G/3G.
Settings > Mobile > Mobile data options > Disable LTE > Restart
Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Mode > Switch to 3G/2G > Restart
I've tried everything and it's still not working
These guides are based on our most frequently asked questions. If you can't find what you're looking for, feel free to reach out to us and we'll try our best to provide assistance. You can reach us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org 📩
Before contacting us, please have the following information ready:
- Which SIM have you bought?
- Where are you located?
- When did you activate and what happened when you activated it?
- What troubleshooting steps have you tried?
- Please send through a screenshot of your Mobile Network settings and your APN settings with the WiFi turned off and your mobile data turned on so we can see what's going on.
- Any other details that might help us, help you!
Contacting AT&T Mobile
If you're having issues with your SIM, you can get in touch with AT&T Mobile Customer Service. The options to contact them are:
- Dial 611 from your phone
- Dial 888-331-0500 from another phone
- Contact them on social media Twitter | Facebook
How do I find my mobile number?
Your new US mobile number will be texted to you after activation in the US.
How do I check my balance?
You can find how much data you've used by simply dialling *777# and then press call or you can check in your phone settings.
How do I recharge?
As described on the website, the SIM is non-rechargeable. The only way around this is to buy multiple SIM cards and swap them out as you go.
How do I make calls/texts?
Simply call or text the US phone number.
Simply add the Canadian country code +1 in front of the number.
For example, if the phone number is 7929148988 then you will need to dial +1 7929148988 (To get the + on a mobile phone, press and hold 0 until it turns into a +)
Simply add the Mexican country code +52 in front of the number.
For example, if the phone number is 7929148988 then you will need to dial +52 7929148988 (To get the + on a mobile phone, press and hold 0 until it turns into a +)
We recommend using data apps like Whatsapp, Viber, Skype or Messenger to make calls/texts to overseas numbers!
What's Included & Things to know
Add-On Option features:
Optional Add-on: Mobile Hotspot/Tethering for USA ONLY Feature (No Hotspot/tethering in Canada or Mexico)
Is my phone compatible?
You can check if your phone is compatible by clicking here 📱
How do I know if my device is unlocked?
If you bought your device outright, it's most likely unlocked!
If you're unsure, the best way to find out is to call your Aussie network provider and ask! They'll be able to unlock it for you too. This might incur a fee! 🤔
The telecommunications industry is exceptionally technical, and although we try our hardest to provide each and every single one of our customers with reliable SIM cards, there are certain manufacturing and network errors that are simply out of our control. However, this is why we have implemented our money-back guarantee, to protect our customers against faulty SIMs and poor experiences.
It is extremely important to us that our customers are looked after, and we are here to support you as much as possible. We wouldn't be able to do this without you!
In order to claim your Money-Back Guarantee, you'll need to contact us and we'll try to troubleshoot the issue with you. If we can't get it sorted, we'd be more than happy to give you a refund. You can contact us a email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org 📩